With you, things feel just right. It's the feeling of waking up in the morning thinking 'that was the best night's sleep ever', as you bask in comfort and the assurance of a good day. With you, I marvel at how two years has brought me so close to someone whom I once called my team member. No one at that table would have known your love for smoothies and your tendency to sleep talk. With you, I laugh till the tears come ringing. And when we laugh together I am dizzy with happiness of the realisation that no one else would ever understand our jokes because they were crafted in secret midnight conversations. With you, I was told that a boyfriend was a lifetime supply of flowers that came in bouquets, single stalks or a pair. I made you promise to buy me a different breed of flower each time. With you, there is nothing I need to hold back. I am raw, unfiltered, and occasionally stormy but you comb the waves with patience and care till nothing remains but the sound a hug makes. With you, everything is better. I look into your gentle crescent eyes hoping they will pass on to our children. You whisper that we should only have girls because our kids will share our small stature but I immediately think of small yous running around the house and how that would be a dream.
With you, with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment