Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Italy, Amore Mio!

As if it wasn't crazy enough to do 8 Italian cities in 6 days, I challenged myself to come up with a photo journal of our trip (all in a valiant effort for one's self improvement, to stimulate one's mind etc. etc.) and I guess this effort was worth it. We loved Italy for the warm city hues, the ridiculous variety of tomatoes (who knew there could be that many!) and most of all - the coasts of Cinque Terre that would charm even the most frigid of misers. Our first bite of Italian pasta took place on a very rainy day in a very, very unassuming shop with a faded white sign "Amore Mio Restaurant" (I googled it and it means My Love). After the one man chef brought out a dough-covered dish and proudly cut it open to unveil the steaming platter of seafood spaghetti for two.. Well as they say, the rest was history. I experienced my Anton Ego moment in Ratatouille - you know, the one where the critic takes a bite of the vegetables and is instantly transported back to childhood where his mother's meals cheered up particularly dull days. It was the most vibrant, incredible pasta I've ever had. You can't forget a dish like that, ever. Italy my love, grazie! Our crazy, expensive, jam-packed trip was the best we've ever had so far. 

Photos featuring: Milan, Venice, Florence, Bologna, La Spezia, Cinque Terre, Rome, Vatican City


No comments:

Post a Comment